Recipe: Banana & Walnut Bread
Who doesn’t love a good banana bread? =)
Banana & Walnut Bread
(I used a 25 cm x 14 cm cake tin, which gives you a bread of about 5-6 cm.)
100 g butter, softened (+ a little bit for greasing the cake tin)
140 g brown sugar
225 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 bananas (the riper, the better!), mashed
90 g walnuts, chopped
3 tbsp milk
• Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
• Grease your cake tin & line its base with parchment paper.
• Mix softened butter with egg and sugar.
• Gradually add flour and baking powder to mixture.
• Add the mashed bananas, the chopped walnuts and the milk. Mix together.
• Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 1 hour (or until skewer comes out clean).
• Allow to cool before removing bread from tin.