Finally, a magnetic closure

May 19, 2009 at 15:00 pm 1 comment

After going on hiatus with my sewing projects because of uni & all the stuff that generally has to be done (e.g. securing a topic for my thesis – yes, it’s done, I am going to start it this summer!!), finally an update.

Thanks for all your comments and tips. They inspired me to change the one thing that I really didn’t like about my finished Birdie Sling: the missing magnetic closure.

I opened up the gap I had sewn closed on the interior of the bag (the one used to pull the bag through to turn the right side out). This way I could also access the inside of the magnetic snaps and add their backs. It worked fine! Now I’ve finally got my magnetic snap!

P.S.: All this was possible, because I actually had been too lazy to topstitch the lower side of the bands… ;-)

Magnetic Snap

Magnetic Snap

About these ads

Entry filed under: Projects. Tags: , , , , .

Birdie Sling Drawstring bags

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. Ariane Phillips  |  May 20, 2009 at 7:32 am

    Good job! That worked out nicely! I bet many people will be jealous of your beautiful bag!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Feeds

Recent Posts

Pattern Challenge

Pattern Challenge


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: